Throughout November we are deep diving into how to make your career on stage happen, because on Wednesday, November 15, I will be presenting the course in it’s condensed entirety to the NSA Mountain West Chapter in SLC, UT if you would like to join us click HERE.
We offer a full course online that gives much more detail than I will here, however, here’s a taste of what you can get with the course and summary of some of the essential points.
First week we discussed –
Second week’s lesson –
Last week’s lesson –
Now let’s deep dive into the questions I ask any prospective speaker, performer, or even business owner/entrepreneur for that matter, when they ask me How To Make a Career From Stage.
- What have you accomplished in business or life that makes you worth listening to?
- What expertise do you have that can be financially beneficial to your audience?
- What makes you different from other speakers?
- What type of demographic do you want to speak to?
- How amazing is your Speech? (if you think it’s amazing and it’s not then you’ll learn very quickly because no one will hire you after hearing you)
- How great is your Show?
- Why would someone hire you over another act?
- In what ways is your Show about the audience and not just for your amusement?
- What are you doing to brand yourself, market, and get events?
- Are you a Rock Star on stage and a jerk when not on stage? Remember to live congruently with what you are creating as far as perception.
- Do you have a social media presence?
- Do you focus a majority of your posts on what you want the world to hire you to do, or are you just lazily messing around with the medium? You want a fine balance between life and work, but make sure everyone knows your intention and direction.
- Do you have a web site? You can make one free on WordPress.com
- Do you have a YouTube Channel with videos showcasing your performance and expertise? More people search for those they need on stage via YouTube than Google.
- How consistent are you with your social media accounts: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, utilize Hootsuite if needs be.
- How consistent are you with a Blog?
- Do you have a book, DVD, or album that your clients can walk away with after your performance?
- Do you come across as a Professional or Amateur? Meaning: Do you dress the part? Do you have business cards? Does your voice message sound like you’re a fool or pro? Do you have a place where people can contact you, such as an Email Form on your web site, or your cell phone number for texts on your social media description?
- What is your response time to an inquiry?
- What does your Contract, Invoice, and Email look like? Is there a logo, an email footer, or other defining characteristics of your branding?
- How good is your Demo/Promo Video? I’m happy to refer you to some great people who can help you with this, just email me: email@example.com
- Do you have Video Testimonials from your Clients saying how great you are?
- Do you have Testimonial Letters or captured screenshots of what people are saying about you?
- Do you have photos with those that hire you, which you can send them later so they keep it on their desk?
- Do you record every time you’re on stage, either video or audio, both for promotions as well as for improvement?
- Have you hired a coach, writer, or producer to help you make the big leap to the next level?
- Have you defined the type of career you want to create, and what are you doing to make that happen?
- Are you taking advantage of the “low hanging fruit” opportunities, working your lists of friends and business associates to get booked?
- What is your CRM for your business? Mine is Highrise, it’s great.
- Are you organized in your contacting, sales processes, and follow up post-event?
My friends, these are just a few of the questions I start with when someone says to me they want to get started with their career but don’t know what to do first. For this reason I have created this course. You truly don’t need to answer these questions if you have taken the course, but they are in addition to what you must consider for yourself and business.
More than anything, take the business serious, not yourself, and success will naturally find you.
Jason Hewlett, CSP (Certified Speaking Professional), CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame, is a Keynote Speaker for the largest corporate events in the world. His primary message, The Promise, is essential for Leadership, Management, Sales, Marketing, Direct-Sales Companies, and is a combination of engagement and entertainment meets inspiration. Jason has even received standing ovations from IT guys. He has been acknowledged as life-changing by Conference Attendees, C-Level Executives and Hollywood Elite. jasonhewlett.com
Please click here to learn about how Jason Hewlett, Speaker Hall of Fame, introduces the opportunity for you, or someone you love, to have the gift of learning how to create a Career From the Stage and begin moving toward fulfilling a lifelong dream as a full-time speaker, performer, or entertainer.